TRAJ trajectory tool is in operational use at Meteoswiss. Trajectories
are based on 3D winds of the aLMo (COSMO) model of Meteoswiss. Presently
available trajectories are mostly based on the less accurate forecast
fields. Trajectories based on analyses are only available for selected
COSMO TRAJ trajectories have been used in the projects SOGE
and HALCLIM for source allocation of CFCs and their substitutes.
Source allocation of the substances HFC-134a and HFC-125.
Trajectory data and images are pushed every day by Meteoswiss to the
Empa/Eawag ftp server uranos.emp-eaw.ch (directory /ftp/incoming)
in the form of compressed tar files. These files are then unpacked
and further processed (image and data files moved to specific directories;
postscript images converted to PNG format for publication on the web)
by the scripts /home/brd134/bin/get_traj_lm.csh and /home/brd134/bin/convert_lmtraj.csh.
Trajectories have been calculated operationally since July 2001
for the stations
and since October 2002 additionally for the stations
- Monte Cimone
- Mace Head
Images in PNG format have only been generated for Jungfraujoch, Rigi
and Mt. Cimone whereas postscript images and the actual trajectory
data are available for all stations listed above.
- Reading data: /??/fod_tool/read_trajlm.pro
- Prognostic trajectories: /remote0/daily_trajek/prognstc_traj
- PNG images for prognostic trajectories: /remote0/daily_trajek/prognstc_gifs
- Postscript images for prognostic trajectories: /remote0/daily_trajek/prognstc_ps-files
- Analysis trajectories: /remote0/daily_trajek/analysis_traj
- GIF images for analysis trajectories: /remote0/daily_trajek/analysis_gifs
- Trajectory data archive in Manno: Directory /archive/users/osm,
user account on aria.cscs.ch require